1. The Best Rate Guarantee does not include taxes, gratuities, or any additional charges or fees that may apply to your stay.
2. The Competing Rate must be for the same hotel, room type (including but not limited to similar room size, bedding, views, and amenities), rate type, number of guests, dates, length of stay and rate rules (including but not limited to cancellation policies).
3. The competing rate must be bookable on an authorized online website other than the Taj website. The Best Rate Guarantee shall not be applicable to advertised or enquiry only rates or rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group rates, rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, direct mail or email solicitations, cash back offers or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time we process the claim.
4. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to 'Package Rates' - i.e. those in which hotel accommodations are bundled with airfare, car rental, inclusive meals or paid amenities like sightseeing or spa treatments.
5. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on the Taj website, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between our rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to currency exchange calculations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
6. A claim can only be submitted via the online Best Rate Guarantee Claim Form on the Taj website. To submit a claim, fill out the required fields, check the box to agree to the Terms & Conditions, and click the submit button. We shall endeavour to have the claim verification completed within two (2) business days of receiving the claim.
7. Limitation for submission of a claim: A claim must be duly submitted through the claim form not later than 24 hours of making the initial reservation through the Taj website and at least 48 hours before the scheduled arrival. The Best Rate Guarantee shall not be applicable to any reservation made within 48 hours of arrival. The initial reservation means the original reservation made on our website and does not include modified or cancelled reservations.
8. We shall have the discretion to deny any claim where the difference between the rates is less than one percent (1%).
9. Eligibility and validity: Only a reservation made on the Taj website shall be eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee. The Best Rate Guarantee shall be valid against the price of such reservation.
10. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to determine the validity of any claim and whether it meets the Terms & Conditions.
11. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of the London Court of International Arbitration (the Rules), which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this Article. The number of arbitrators shall be three. Each party shall nominate one arbitrator and the two party appointed arbitrators shall appoint the third arbitrator within 30 days of the appointment of the second arbitrator. The third arbitrator shall serve as Chairman. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be Delhi. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The governing law of this arbitration agreement shall be the laws of India.
12. Best Rate Guarantee applies to authorised rates available to the general public on online channels. It does not apply to contracted, wholesale, group or contracted rates, packaged or opaque rates, or qualified membership rates or government rates. Any unauthorised representation of these rates on any online channel is considered breach of contract and will not be considered for BRG. Guests are recommended not to participate with such unauthorised sites as they may be a privacy and security threat.
13. Guest will have to provide a screenshot of the Competing Rate as seen on the Online Website with the claim form. Without the screen shot the claim will not be considered valid