What is the Best Rate Guarantee?
In the unlikely event that a lower rate at a Taj Hotel is made available on a non-Taj website or non- Taj mobile application (the "Competing Rate"), upon its receipt of a claim that satisfies the BRG Terms, Taj will honor that Competing Rate and provide the individual that submitted the valid claim one of the following rewards of additional 10% discount off the Competing Rate per room per night for the similar rate plan, occupancy, rom type and dates. For complete details, please see the Taj Program Terms.
1. Does the Best Rate Guarantee only apply to certain rates?
Yes. Taj Hotels's Best Rate Guarantee applies to published rates available to the general public on online channels. It does not apply to group or contracted rates, packaged or opaque rates, or qualified membership rates such as AAA, AARP or government rates. For complete details, please see the BRG Terms.
2. What is the difference in the Best Rate Guarantee for Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces and TAJ Partner Hotels?
For TAJ Partner Hotels, the Best Rate Guarantee only applies to reservations booked at the lowest available rate available at the TAJ Partner Hotel on a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Website at the time of booking. For TAJ Hotels, the Best Rate Guarantee applies to all reservations if there is a Competing Rate available online or on a mobile application for the same TAJ Hotels, the same dates, the same number of guests, the same room type, with a similar view and room size, and includes similar or additional value-added amenities (e.g., free breakfast).
1. How do I submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim?
A Best Rate claim must be submitted within 24 hours after making a reservation at a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces through a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Website, and at least 48 hours before the standard check-in time at the applicable hotel. You must submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim form to the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Customer Service Center with the screen shot of the final reservation page with complete details to claim the BRG. Sample screen shot below:
2. What is acceptable evidence of a lower Competing Rate?
A claim form and a screen shot with final reservation page from the complete details is required to claim the BRG. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim and will not review documentation provided by the individual submitting a claim as part of its validation process. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces reserves the right to deny a Best Rate Guarantee claim, if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Competing Rate at the time it processes the claim.
1.Do I need to make a reservation in order to submit a Best Rate Guarantee claim?
Yes. A valid reservation at a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces or a TAJ Partner Hotel that is booked through a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Website is required to submit a Best Rate Guarantee Claim. For TAJ Partner Hotels, the Best Rate Guarantee only applies to reservations booked at the similar rate plan, occupancy, rom type and dates available rate available at the TAJ Partner Hotel on a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Website at the time of booking.
2. If my reservation is pre-paid and I make a valid Best Rate Guarantee claim against it, when will I receive a credit for the Best Rate Guarantee rate difference?
In the case of a fully prepaid rate at a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces or TAJ Partner Hotel booked through a Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Website, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. If a pre-paid reservation is booked through a third party, you will not be eligible for a Best Rate Guarantee reward and Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is not responsible for any fees associated with the cancellation of that reservation
3. What happens with Best Rate Guarantee claims in the event of a technical issue?
The Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces Websites or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond TAJ Hotels' reasonable control.
4. What if I don't hear back from the Customer Service center after submitting my Best Rate Guarantee claim?
Any questions regarding claims should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5.I made a booking for three nights stay on a travel site. Will I be eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee?
No, only a reservation made on the Taj website will be eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee.
6. What if I find a better price for my Taj booking on a travel website a week after making the booking? Will the Best Rate Guarantee be applicable to me?
No, our offer stands only on claim forms submitted 24 hours after making the initial reservation and at least 48 hours before arrival.
7. If I find a better rate for a room that is only slightly different to the one of my reservation, can I avail of the Best Rate Guarantee?
No, Best Rate Guarantee only applies to competing rates for the same hotel, room type, rate type, number of guests, dates and length of stay.
8. If I book through my company (who has tied up with the Taj for several years now), I can get a better rate for my reservation. Will I be eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee?
The Best Rate Guarantee applies ONLY to bookings made on an Online Travel Agency website, and does not include corporate discounts, you will not be eligible.
9. I realized that a holiday package that I am interested in works out to be cheaper than the Taj website advertises. Will I qualify the Best Rate Guarantee?
The Best rate guarantee does not apply to package rates.
10. Are taxes, service charges and other additional costs included in the Best Rate Guarantee?
The Best Rate Guarantee does not include taxes, gratuities, or any additional charges or fees that may apply to your stay.
11. I paid for my booking in rupees through the Taj website. However, after a little research, I found an Online Travel Agency with slightly better rates for bookings made in dollars?
If the rate discrepancy is solely due to currency exchange calculations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
1.If I make a claim, I would like to know if there's a chance that my claim might be denied?
We have the discretion to deny any claim which does not qualify the criteria and where the difference between the rates is less than one percent (1%).
2. If I need to make a claim, how and where can it be submitted?
A claim can only be submitted via the online Best Rate Guarantee Claim Form on the Taj website. To submit a claim, fill out the required fields, check the box to agree to the Terms & Conditions, and click the submit button and we will have it verified within two working days.
3. Who reserves the right to determine the validity of a claim?
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to determine the validity of any claim and whether it meets the Terms & Conditions.
1. What is the procedure I need to follow should any dispute arise?
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the Rules of the London Court of International Arbitration (the Rules), which are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this Article.
The number of arbitrators shall be three. Each party shall nominate one arbitrator and the two party appointed arbitrators shall appoint the third arbitrator within 30 days of the appointment of the second arbitrator. The third arbitrator shall serve as Chairman.
The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be Delhi. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The governing law of this arbitration agreement shall be the laws of India
2. Who holds the right to revise, amend and supplement the Best Rate Guarantee?
The hotel, reserves the right to revise, amend, supplement, suspend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice.