- 1. Fraud or abuse concerning the Taj Advantage Plus programme benefits, gifts and voucher usage is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including the forfeiture of accumulated points and the termination of membership.
- 2. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces reserves the right to alter, vary, suspend, amend or cancel the Taj Advantage Plus programme at any time during the continuance of the scheme.
- 3. In case of any disputes the decision of Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces will be final and binding.
- 4. Terms and Conditions of Taj Advantage Plus are governed by the laws of the Republic of India and will be restricted to the Mumbai jurisdiction. All interpretations of the Terms and Conditions and programme rules shall be at the sole discretion of the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of the Taj Advantage Plus programme
Membership and Enrolment
- 5. Credit will be given only for reservations made after a person has enroled in the scheme. Members of any other loyalty programme of Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces are not eligible for this programme.
- 6. Individual membership is not transferable and it will be the responsibility of the member to intimate any changes. Corporate membership is transferable.
- 7. This scheme is not open to airlines and travel agents.
- 8. Membership is available only to individuals who are aged 18 years and above.
- 9. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces reserves the right to discontinue membership of Taj Advantage Plus to any member who appears to be using the programme in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions, or intent of the programme, or any portion of the programme, including, but not limited to reward redemption. The Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with local or state laws, statutes or ordinance. Discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated points and the cancellation of all Taj Advantage Plus points and all Taj Advantage Plus benefits and privileges.
- 10. An e-statement for Taj Advantage Plus points will be sent to members on a monthly basis. Members are requested to track their score regularly and tally it with the statement. In case of any discrepancy or error, the same needs to be rectified by bringing up the issue within 30 days of the statement date. Otherwise the statement shall be treated as correct.
- 11. The first Taj Advantage Plus points e-statement will be delivered to members in the month following enrolment to Taj Advantage Plus programme.
- 12. Any change of information as provided in the Taj Advantage Plus enrolment form must be notified to the Taj Advantage Plus Manager in writing.
Rewards and Redemption
- 13. Members, who wish to redeem accumulated points, must make a request in writing using the Taj Advantage Plus redemption form.
- 14. Taj Advantage Plus points redeemed will be deducted from the member's total points. The balance points, if any, will be carried forward and reflected in the next Taj Advantage Plus points statement.
- 15. Taj Advantage Plus will require 4-6 weeks to process a redemption request, after which a redemption voucher will be sent to the member at the address registered with us.
- 16. Members can exchange the Taj Advantage Plus redemption vouchers for gifts of their choice at the specified outlets. Please show your Taj Advantage Plus or an identification card, while redeeming the gift voucher.
- 17. A redemption voucher should be redeemed within the validity date mentioned on the voucher. Vouchers will not be re-validated once they expire.
- 18. The products mentioned in the Taj Advantage Plus rewards catalogue are subject to availability. In case the gift selected is unavailable for any reason beyond the control of Taj Advantage Plus, the member can request for an alternative gift item of same value.
- 19. This scheme is operational till further notice. All members will be intimated well in advance in case Taj Hotels Resorts and Palace decide to terminate the scheme for any reason whatsoever. All points must be redeemed within 60 days of the announcement of the termination of the scheme.
- 20. Taj Advantage Plus is not liable for payment of any additional service charges, freight, etc.
- 21. Any balance amount arising out of the exchange of Taj Advantage Plus redemption vouchers shall not be refunded, either as points or money.
- 22. Taj Advantage Plus does not guarantee in any manner the quality or durability of any of the items selected for redemption against the redemption vouchers or otherwise.
- 23. Taj Advantage Plus makes no warranties and representations, either expressed or implied with regard to the type and quality of services and goods provided through third parties.
- 24. The value of gifts shall be inclusive of sales tax.
- 25. The meals at the restaurants via vouchers, dining vouchers or gift certificates do not include alcohol-based drinks. The redemption vouchers are not valid at the restaurants on certain occasions like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and during food festivals.
- 26. The complimentary holidays at Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces can be availed of subject to availability. The hotel has the right to close out bookings under this category. No holiday redemptions will be entertained between 1st December and 10th January.
- 27. The list of rewards will keep on changing and you can only avail the redemptions from the list which is available for the current period.
- 28. Points earned in this programme cannot, under any circumstance be redeemed for Cash.
- 29. No changes will be entertained once the redemption is processed.
- 30. Taj Advantage Plus is not responsible for issuing any duplicate redemption voucher(s) in lieu of a lost redemption voucher(s).
Point Earning Criteria
- 31. Taj Advantage Plus points are calculated on the basis of room revenue only, exclusive of all applicable taxes.
- 32. Taj Advantage Plus points will be credited to a member's account only when a reservation made by the member materialises and the guest checks out. Points for room bookings will be awarded at the rate of 1 point for every INR 1,000/- room revenue generated (exclusive of taxes).
- 33. Long staying guest points can be earned only for the first 30 days of stay.
- 34. Rooms occupied as office space will not be eligible for points.
- 35. No points will be awarded for online bookings made through GDS and Consortia and other means of booking through the Internet.
- 36. It is mandatory for members to quote their Taj Advantage Plus membership number each time they make a reservation. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces will not give credits for materialised room bookings where the membership number was not mentioned at the time of booking.
- 37. Points can be earned only on FIT segments of Business (Charters, Crew, etc. exempted). For conferences, delegations and group bookings, points will be awarded only for booking materialised between April 1 and September 30 at the rate of 1 point for every INR 3,000/- room revenue generated (exclusive of taxes).
- 38. Group: Leisure movement involving an itinerary booked through ITD or directly at the hotel by a bonafide Travel Agent/Tour Operator/Individual. Event: Group of 5 rooms or more booked but no banqueting facilities utilised (including delegation from Embassy/Consulate/Government authorities, however with or without banquets and weddings with or without banquets) Conference: group of 5 or more rooms using the conferencing facilities of the hotel.
- 39. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces reserves the right to define the eligibility criteria for selection of members to participate in the various bonus offers which will be run from time to time. No disputes on the criteria will be entertained. For the purpose of calculations of points, the room revenue generated by guests booked by a member will be rounded to the nearest thousand.
- 40. Points earned in the programme are subject to expiry. The points earned during a membership year (April to March) will expire 2 years from the end of each membership year they were earned in, i.e. points earned during 1st April 2005 and 31st March 2006 will expire on 31st March 2008. Members are advised to redeem their points prior to their expiry date as once expired, the points cannot be re-validated.
- 41. Membership will be terminated if there is no productivity for a year.
- 42. Membership is liable to be terminated if the change in profile is not intimated in writing.
- 43. Please refer to the website www.tajhotels.com/Reward-Programmes/Taj-Advantage-Plus for latest updates.