Terms and Conditions for The Chambers Global Membership
The membership of The Chambers and its use by a Member shall be subject to and governed by the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions” or “T&C”) given below.
1. "Annual Membership Fee” is an Annual Membership Fee plus applicable taxes to be paid by the Member/Member Company every year prior to the expiry of the membership term in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
2. "Card" refers to The Chambers membership card provided to Member.
3. “Chambers” or "The Chambers " refers to the exclusive club of The Indian Hotels Company Limited.
4. “Effective Date” for a new Member or new Member Company means the date on which the Membership Agreement is signed.
5. “Effective Date for the Existing Member(s)” shall mean the date on which the Existing Member transfers from the existing membership to the new global membership programme.
6. “Effective Date for the Existing Member Company” shall mean the date on which the existing Member Company transfers from the existing membership into the new global membership programme.
7. “Existing Member(s)” or “Existing Member Company” means those Members/ Member Companies who are national or regional members of The Chambers on 30th June 2019 or who subsequently become members of the national membership programme.
8. “First Year Annual Membership Term” shall mean a period of 12 months from the Effective Date for a new member.
9. “Host Hotel” is the hotel to which the Member/ Member Company’s “The Chambers” membership is attached.
10. "IHCL" refers to The Indian Hotels Company Limited which owns and operates various hotels in India and overseas
11. "Initiation Fee” is the one-time fee plus applicable taxes to be paid by the Member/ Member Company to IHCL.
12. "Member" or “Member Company” means an individual or company or the representative of a Member Company who has paid the Initiation Fee and the Annual Membership Fee and is a member of exclusive club - The Chambers.
13. "Participating Hotels" refer to the bouquet of IHCL hotels under its various brands - Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta listed hereunder as offering its services.
14. “Subsequent Years Annual Membership Term” shall mean a period of 12 months from the Membership Term of the previous year.
15. All Trademark/s, Copyrights, intellectual property rights (IPR), related to The Chambers are owned by IHCL. The grant of membership does not in any way transfer any of these rights to the Member/ Member Company.
16. The Chambers membership benefits and facilities are offered at the sole discretion of IHCL and are subject to change.
17. The Chambers programme is applicable only at participating Taj, SeleQtions and Vivanta Hotels.
18. IHCL may increase, decrease or limit the number of Participating Hotels, participating restaurant, spas and salons from time to time.
19. Being a business club, the etiquette of the club must be maintained at all times to avoid inconvenience to other Members.
20. The Dress code for the Chambers is formal or smart casuals.
21. Guests below the age of 21 shall not be allowed in The Chambers.
22. Being a business club with a fully operational bar there will be an age limit for entry as per the prescribed state excise law which shall apply to Members and their guests.
23. Due to the applicable state liquor laws, we are only permitted to serve liquor bought from The Chambers.
24. It is the responsibility of the Member/ Member Company to intimate The Chambers of any change in address, company name, contact numbers and such other details by writing to TheChambers@tajhotels.com
25. Photography and/or video recording are not permitted in The Chambers. Under exceptional circumstances the same may be permitted with explicit written permission from the General Manager of The Chambers.
26. No armed and /or unarmed personal bodyguards, security staff of the Member will be permitted inside The Chambers.
27. Hall hire for meetings/events, audio-visual equipment(s), business centre facilities etc. are subject to availability and at an extra charge. The Member/Member Company shall be required to make a booking for such meeting room at least 48 hours in advance.
28. The cancellation policy of The Chambers for a reserved event will attract a cancellation charge as follows:
28.1. Cancellation 24 hours prior to the event – 50% charges
28.2. No show or cancellation on the day of the event – 100% charges
Enrolment and Membership
29. Membership is open only to individuals who are 21 years and above, and to corporates wherein the nominated Member is 21 years and above.
30. Membership is on invitation only.
31. The grant of membership is at the sole discretion of IHCL.
32. All Members/ Member Company’s shall pay a one-time Initiation Fee plus applicable taxes to IHCL. This Initiation Fee can be altered/increased from time to time by IHCL. This Initiation Fee is not refundable in case of termination of membership for any reason whatsoever.
33. An Annual Membership Fee plus applicable taxes shall also be paid by the Member/Member Company every year prior to the expiry of the membership term. This Annual Membership Fee can be altered/increased from time to time by IHCL. If such Annual Membership Fee is not paid in time by the Member /Member Company, the membership will automatically lapse.
34. The membership shall come into effect on the Effective Date provided that the Initiation Fee and the Annual Membership Fee are credited in the account of IHCL. The First Year Annual Membership Term shall be from the Effective Date for a period of 12 months thereafter. The Subsequent Years Annual Membership Term shall be subsequent 12-month periods provided that the Annual Membership Fee is paid year on year and all other Terms and Conditions herein are complied with.
35. In the case of an Existing Member the membership shall come into effect on the Effective Date of the Existing Member provided the Existing Member has paid the difference of the Membership Fees before the Existing Member can convert their national or regional membership of The Chambers to the Global membership of The Chambers.
36. In the case of an Existing Corporate Member the membership shall come into effect on the Effective Date of the Existing Member Company provided the Existing Member has paid the difference of the Membership Fees before the Existing Corporate Member can convert their national or regional membership of The Chambers to the Global membership of The Chambers.
37. Individuals and Corporations/companies may become Members of The Chambers. The Member Company to whom membership is issued shall nominate a representative from its Company namely its Managing Director or Senior Management employee and submit the nomination to IHCL for its approval. The nominees of the Member Company shall always be employees of the Member Company. In case the Member ceases to be an employee of the Member Company his/her membership will be cancelled and the Member Company may wish to nominate another senior employee for the membership. The nomination needs to be explicitly approved by IHCL.
38. All charges and outstanding due under the existing membership along with any applicable taxes due thereon have to be paid by the Member/ Member Company and the difference of the Membership Fees shall be paid before the Existing Member can convert their national or regional membership of The Chambers to the Global membership of The Chambers.
39. Enrolment into The Chambers must be in the individual's/company’s full legal name, and government recognized proof of identification will need to be provided
40. Any change of information as provided in The Chambers enrolment format must be notified to TheChambers@tajhotels.com
41. The membership of The Chambers is only valid for the membership period and if the Annual Membership Fees is not paid prior to the expiry of that period, the membership will automatically lapse.
42. All Annual Membership Fees for each year shall be paid before the expiry of the 12-month membership period. However, there will be a grace period of 3 months thereafter. (“Grace Period”).
43. If the renewal payment of the Annual Membership Fee is paid within the Grace Period, it will attract a 2% (two percent) per month interest component.
44. All charges and outstanding due under the membership along with any applicable taxes due thereon have to be paid by the Member/ Member Company within a period of 30 days. Failure to do so shall bear 2% (two percent) per month interest component from date of invoice and all these charges and outstanding shall mandatorily have to be cleared within a maximum period of 3 months from date of invoice by the Member/ Member company. Failure to do so will result in termination of membership.
45. If the renewal payment of the Annual Membership Fee remains unpaid even after the expiry of the 3-month Grace Period, then the membership shall automatically stand terminated. Thereafter the Member may opt for a fresh membership subject to payment of the Initiation Fee once again and the express consent of IHCL. Any charges and outstanding due under the terminated membership along with any applicable taxes due thereon shall also bear an interest component of 2% (two percent) per month. All these charges and outstanding shall be mandatorily cleared before the new membership is granted.
46. All fees are non-refundable in case of termination of membership for any reason whatsoever.
47. All communication will be emailed to TheChambers@tajhotels.com and it is the responsibility of the Member/ Member Company to inform the Chambers about any change in his/her or the company’s address. All communication will be deemed to have been received by the Member/Member Company and IHCL bears no responsibility for communication not received or lost in the mail or courier.
48. IHCL reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any of the Terms and Conditions, rules, Initiation Fees, Annual Membership Fees, privileges and benefits pertaining to the programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the Member.
49. IHCL reserves the right to grant, refuse, discontinue or revoke the membership to The Chambers at its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever. Discontinued/revoked membership may result in the loss of all accumulated benefits and privileges and forfeiture of any unfulfilled reservations or Vouchers.
50. Notwithstanding any provision contained herein, IHCL also reserves the right to discontinue membership to The Chambers to any Member who appears to be using the programme in a manner inconsistent with the terms and conditions, applicable laws/rules/ regulations, intent of the programme, or any portion thereof, including, but not limited to redemption of any privileges or benefits. The Member Company’s membership can also be discontinued under this provision if the Member Company representative acts in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions, applicable laws/rules/ regulations, intent of the programme, or any portion thereof, including, but not limited to redemption of any privileges or benefits. The Membership can also be discontinued on account of non-payment of outstanding charges and/ or non-payment of the Annual Membership Fees by the end of the Grace Period.
51. Privileges and benefits issued under The Chambers programme are meant for self-use only. These cannot be bartered or sold by the Member for cash at any point of time. Any privileges or benefits which IHCL deems that the Member has transferred, sold or assigned in violation of the programme Terms and Conditions may be confiscated or cancelled.
52. All interpretations of the Terms and Conditions and programme rules shall be at the sole discretion of IHCL.
53. Each Member is responsible for remaining knowledgeable about the programme offers, privileges and Terms and Conditions. The Chambers shall send correspondence to the Member to advise them of matters of interest, including notification of programme changes. However, neither IHCL, its subsidiaries, affiliates or associates or The Chambers nor the owners of participating Taj, SeleQtions, Vivanta or restaurants or companies participating as service partners in the programme will be liable for any failure to do so and will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail.
54. In the event of death of a Member under the Individual Membership category /or upon the Individual member renouncing his/ her membership in favour of his/ her adult son/daughter, IHCL will allow a one-time transfer of the Individual membership to an adult son/daughter of the Member provided that the Member has duly filled in and signed the Nomination Form and provided that the nominated adult son/daughter meets the criteria of IHCL. Upon transfer of the membership to the nominated adult son or daughter the Member’s membership and the privileges, including but not limited to the add-on card will expire.
55. In the case of the Member/ Member company wanting to withdraw the privilege of the add-on card facility, the Member/Member Company shall notify IHCL in writing of the circumstances and surrender the add on membership card of the spouse and the spouse shall cease to be an add on cardholder from the day the written notification of the same is received by IHCL.
56. The add on card shall automatically stand terminated when i) the Member / Member Company ceases to be a Member/Member Company; ii) death of a Member iii) Member or Member Company cancels the add on card for the add on membership; iv) the Member renounces his/ her membership in favour of his/her adult son/daughter.
57. Till the add on membership is revoked, the expenses of the add on cardholder spouse shall be borne by the Member/ Member Company without any protest.
58. The Member/Member Company shall always be financially responsible for all charges on his/her/its membership including the charges of the add on card holder and represents, warrants and undertakes that all payments shall be made in a timely manner. All charges and outstanding due under the member’s card or the add-on card along with any applicable taxes due thereon have to be paid by the Member/ Member Company within a period of 30 days. Failure to do so shall bear 2% (two percent) per month interest component from date of invoice and all these charges and outstanding shall mandatorily have to be cleared within a maximum period of 3 months from date of invoice by the Member/ Member Company. Failure to do so will result in termination of membership.
59. IHCL is not responsible, and assumes no liability, for changes or discontinuance of services provided by a service partner, that may affect The Chambers programme.
60. The Chambers membership card must be presented when using The Chambers facility worldwide. If the card is not presented it may entail services being denied.
61. The Member must notify IHCL by writing to TheChambers@tajhotels.com if the membership card is lost, stolen or if it being used without the Member’s permission. In case of misuse, IHCL’s liability will be limited and the Member will have to indemnify IHCL for any loss. The Member will be solely liable for any misuse of the card-based transactions.
62. Lost/misplaced membership cards will be replaced by deducting the requisite cost from the Member’s account.
63. Members wishing to cancel membership of The Chambers after signing-up and/or renewal will forfeit the entire Initiation Fee and Annual Membership Fee.
Data Privacy and Protection
64. The information the Member provides to IHCL when completing the application is processed in IHCL’s/third party’s IT systems.
65. Communication of relevant information is important to providing the Member with the opportunity to maximize the benefits of membership.
66. The Member acknowledges that IHCL is authorised to share information relating to the Member/ add on cardholder with its Participating Hotels and its third-party service providers, including information relating to personal preferences from time to time.
67. IHCL will only disclose Member/ add on cardholder information to: IHCL, TCS, group company, and any other third-party service providers and mail houses that process and manage the programme, mail and data base for such entities; and marketing Companies that provide services to the Taj and its group companies, in each case for the following purposes:
i. to provide more personalised service to the Member keeping in mind the Member’s preferences;
ii. to assess entitlement to benefits;
iii. to collect and process Member/ add on cardholder’s charges incurred in our facilities;
iv. to offer the Member/ add on cardholder additional products and services;
v. to send periodic satisfaction or market research surveys;
vi. to offer the Member/ add on cardholder products or services from select reputable companies with whom we have a strategic relationship because we believe their offerings will be of interest to Member/ add on cardholder.
68. The Member has filled in all the personal data (including information relating to personal preferences from time to time) in the membership form and the Member by signing the membership agreement has explicitly agreed and consented that such data can be stored, utilized and shared by IHCL with Participating Hotels, partners and third-party service providers and for all services and promotions
69. In choosing to become a Chambers Member, the Member consents to receive all kinds of information described above.
Queries and Complaints
70. All complaints with regard to The Chambers benefit and privileges shall be raised by email to TheChambers@tajhotels.com
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
71. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with The Chambers membership, the membership agreement, its benefits, privileges, any service deficiencies or any Terms and Conditions including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (“MCIA Rules”), which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of the arbitration shall be Mumbai. The tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The law governing this arbitration shall be laws of India.
72. The law governing The Chambers membership, its benefits, privileges, any service deficiencies or any Terms and Conditions shall be the laws of India.