Carpet Weaving at Kapsethi
The art of carpet weaving is an integral part of the heritage of Varanasi’s Kapsethi village, and one that the women of the village are coming to dominate. Passed down from one generation to the next, this artform is used to weave intricate stories into rugs and carpets made of natural yarns like wool and jute.
Along with the Human Welfare Association and our team, you will have the opportunity to witness and soak in the beauty of this timeless artform. The craft has also enabled the women of the village gain self-reliance, and earn their own livelihood. Apart from interacting with the craftswomen themselves, you have the opportunity to volunteer with basic language and IT training lessons and help support the women behind this hand weaving artform.
- Transportation for the activity.
- Packed meals and refreshments.
- Carpet weaving trainees of Kapsethi.
- Members of the local community whose livelihood depends on tourism-related activities.
- Carecations by Paathya is valid between 30th November 2022 and 31st December 2023 for stays from 30th November 2022 until 31st December 2023.
- The offer is applicable across select hotels and is subject to availability. Limited rooms available on the offer. Blackout dates will apply.
- This promotional rate cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer or negotiated rate including third party / AMEX vouchers.
- Extra adults and children will be charged as per the hotel’s standard policy and applicable rates and taxes.
- Confirmation of rooms is subject to availability.
- The offer is inclusive of accommodation and all meals.
- The special offer can be utilized for a maximum of 5 rooms with not more than 10 guests at a given time. Reservations exceeding 5 rooms on overlapping dates will be considered as a group booking
- Each hotel reserves the right to refuse bookings that are not as per Terms and Conditions.
- All the Terms and Conditions of the NeuPass loyalty programme will apply. For NeuPass programme terms and conditions as well as for eligible spends, please visit www.tajhotels.com/en-in/neupass/
- NeuPass Members are eligible to earn Neucoins/points only on bookings made via TataNeu app or login as NeuPass member on Taj Hotels website. Any bookings made on third party sites will not be eligible for Neucoins/points
- Additional GST is applicable in respect of hotels in India.
- Reservation may be modified online only as per the predefined policy. In case of modification the rates are subject to change and rooms are based on availability