A trademark of the quaint town of Sanganer, the art of blue pottery has been a part of Jaipur’s heritage for generations. Using their signature ultramarine blue dye, skilled local artisans deftly paint Mughal-inspired patterns and animal motifs on hand-sculpted pieces of pottery.
This itinerary enables you to witness the intricacies of this artform and immerse yourself in its history, its evolution, and techniques. Marvel at the mesmerising hues of blue through the eyes of the potters and return with a piece of art created by your own self at the workshop. All efforts go a long way towards safeguarding this cultural artform for generations to come.
- The master artisans creating Blue Pottery
- Local guide accompanying the guest
- Members of the local community whose livelihood depends on tourism-relatedactivities.
- Transportation for the activity.
- Packed meals and refreshments.
- Rambagh Palace, Jaipur.
- Sawai Man Mahal, Jaipur.