The Royal Suites most assuredly live up to their name. Gracefully composed details imbue the suites with effortless royal charm. Guests delight in the delicate frescoes, decorative wall niches and antique wooden fans. The views are panoramic, even from the bathrooms. Royal Suites are graced with traditional décor, impeccable interiors and stained glass windows. Another favourite feature of the Royal Suites are the extra sitting areas with stunning views of the lake.
Royal Suite Amenities
- Average Room Size - 550 to 650 Square Feet
- Lake, City Palace & ancient summer retreat palace views
- A satisfying blend of modern and traditional Indian craftsmanship
- Exquisite King beds / Ploh feather duvet on each mattress
- Turndown service
- Plasma TV / DVD Player / Tea Coffee maker
- Luxurious high-end Frette linen from Italy with 492 thread count
- Full size bathtub with separate shower facilities
- Forest Essential bath amenities.
- Cypress Bathrobes / Embroidered Slippers
- Plus, terry bath sheets
- Bath setup
- Pillow Menu / Quilt menu
- Make up mirror / Hair dryer from Aliseo / Equinox weighing scale
- Round the clock Butler Service
- Suit, skirt and padded hangers
- High-speed Internet access
- Wi-Fi access on chargeable basis
- Dual line telephones with voicemail and data line capabilities
- Facsimile on request
- Private Bar
- In-room, electronic safe. Not laptop size.
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Housekeeping service twice a day
- Choice of smoking and non smoking rooms
- Fruit Platter
- Goodnite Chocolates
- Bottle of Wine
- Chocolate platter
Sandhya or evening suggests beauty and tranquillity and is fittingly adorned with rich emerald green and royal blue. The suite is perfect for savouring sunsets that reflect over the shimmering waters of Lake Pichola and the spectacular Aravalli mountains. The softened sunrays, slipping in through aquamarine windowpanes, light the ornate antique gilt furniture and cast a magical ambience in the room. Guests can contemplate the changing colours of the sky and waters while enjoying, spirits, snacks and conversation in the privacy of this beautiful suite.
Basant Bahar is a luxurious suite inspired by the ethereal spirit of spring. With a silk canopy over the decorative four-poster bed, silk furnishings, rich carpet, miniature paintings and inlaid furniture, the suite offers a heady regal ambience. The suite also has scenic views of the lake and Jagmandir, the neighbouring island palace.
The Aravalli Darshan offers a view of the Aravallis, the oldest fold mountains in the world that stretch 350 miles in a north easterly slant through Rajasthan. This suite allows you to commune with the pure beauty of nature. Wake up each morning to the spectacular panorama of a ring of mountains encircling the turquoise waters of Lake Pichola.
Machla Magra presents a view of an unusual mountain that all agree suggests the form of a fish. This wooded hillside was once a favourite hunting ground for the king, and even today the shooting box can still be seen amidst the foliage. This compact suite also offers views of the lake, Jagmandir the neighbouring island palace and the hills that are yours to enjoy from the alcove.
Jag Mandir Darshan
Jag Mandir Island, a serene palace built by Maharana Karan Singh in about 1620, is the star of the picturesque view from this suite. The Mughal prince Khurrram, later Emperor Shah Jehan, sought refuge in its soothing ambience in 1623 and it is said that his visit there later inspired his construction of the exquisite Taj Mahal at Agra. The rulers of Udaipur also enjoyed the beauty and tranquillity of the palace. When heir apparent Maharana Jagat Singh II was restrained by his father to curtail his moonlight soirees at the island, he vowed to build his own island palace. The result was the creation of Jag Niwas, now Taj Lake Palace, which was inaugurated with lavish and elaborate festivities in 1746. The Jag Mandir Darshan suite recalls the incident that gave Udaipur the beautiful lake palace.
The Rang Mahal suite is awash with colour. The bright and cheerful colours of the art and embellishments infuse the suite with cheer and all occupants with a joie de vivre. Created in one of the oldest parts of the palace, this lovely one bedroom suite has a treatment room (massage room) and its own private Jacuzzi. Two levels of scenic views and bring an especially opulent way to view Jag Mandir, the neighbouring island palace.
- Exquisite King bedroom
- Lake view rooms overlooking Jagmandir island, Aravalli mountains, the City Palace and old city
- Spacious sitting areas
- Large Plasma TV with DVD player in the room
- 24-hour private butler service
- Marbled bathroom with separate Shower cubical